The gas in the ground is priced to purchase future tankers. Say they gave 2.20 a gallon and a barrel of oil raised a dollar. Their next tanker would be 2.30 a gallon. They have to pay for the gas at the time they get it.
Well, here we go again folks. The American public being taken to the cleaners by the oil companies.
I stopped in BSG to get gas yesterday. I was told I would have to wait a few minutes because they were raising the price. I looked everywhere I knew to look and DID NOT see a truck making a delivery. The gas they were raising the price on was already in the tanks. Now I don't claim to be the smartest person in the world, but I just don't understand how gas that was already on hand could have suddenly cost the store more money. When I said something to the clerk she just gave me a blank look and walked away.
_________________________________________________________
HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????
The gas in the ground is priced to purchase future tankers. Say they gave 2.20 a gallon and a barrel of oil raised a dollar. Their next tanker would be 2.30 a gallon. They have to pay for the gas at the time they get it.
If that theory was correct how was the very first load of gas delivered to the store paid for??
The gas is paid for when it is bought, true. But then it is sold for a profit. Any way you look at it they are raising the price of gas that has already been paid for at the old price.
_________________________________________________________
HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????
I know what you are saying, but where would the extra money come from? And you usually have start up money to buy that first load.
It's always funny to me that oil prices fall but gas prices remain constant for 2-3 weeks afterward..but let the oil price go up..or tensions heat up in the world..or have a natural disaster and gas prices go up that day...I guess it's the price ya pay when the man in charge of the country is an oil man...glad i never voted for him...makes it easier to sleep at night
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
That's just the way thngs are. And the way they have been. Long before Bush took office. We are being ripped off at the pump and have for years, no matter who is in the White House.
_________________________________________________________
HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????
you must have stopped at the Black Diamond, most of the cashiers in there are clueless any how.
That's true..but it has been twice as bad since bush was elected...2001-gas was $1.35 per gallon...now its around $2.40...in 8 years with clinton+inflation gas went from .99 per gallon up to $1.35...so I'd say there is more than enough proof that our current leader is clueless and inept when it comes to leading our country...the funny thing is folks went out and voted for him not once but twice.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
It's sad when gas at $2 looks wonderful.
I remember buying gas at $0.99 in college. That was only about 10 years ago.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
LOL, I remember it being 27 cents a gallon!!!!!!!
Bookmarks